Thursday, June 22, 2006

This is it...last night for V.B.S.

I'd be telling an un-truth if I said I was sad to see it end. I'm exhausted. My whole family is completely exhausted. We are sooooooo looking forward to Pismo next week. We are blessed to be able to end a busy 2 weeks with something as wonderful as a vacation at the coast.

However, I would do it all again. It's been extremely rewarding for many reasons.

First and foremost is the children you see touched by all the effort. One 4 year old was leaving with his Daddy and said, "I'm glad this church loves children so much!" Can you believe that? This little one equated the effort by grown ups as love for him and his buddies. That is amazing to me.

Second, we've had kids come in from the neighborhood and one Mom even ask me if they could start coming on a regular basis. That's good stuff...

And finally, I've watched my daughter, writer of all the V.B.S. scripts, handle a tough situation as one who is in charge. She gathered a wonderful cast of characters and has written funny, thoughtful, enjoyable scripts delivered with the message each night of finding your gift. God gave each of us a gift, it's just up to us to find it and use it. She has crafted wonderful times that the children have enjoyed with jubilation! She's even had to handle cranky and not-so-pleasant adults by being involved in the thick of things. She made me very proud.

So, it's been wonderful, but thankfully tonight is it!

I don't typically like to share these things, but, if you all wouldn't mind praying for me I would appreciate it. I'm not overly healthy and tomorrow starts some tests trying to figure it all out. If they find something they don't like, I don't get to go to Pismo. That would be tragic! I tried to put off the test until after we come back, but couldn't talk them into it. I have another test after we get back, so whoopie! (I hate going to the Dr.!)

Anyway, as much as I want them to find something so they can fix it, I am hoping it's not more than what will allow me to go to the beach for a week.

Thanks for the prayers.
blessings...

3 comments:

julie said...

Sandra, I will be praying for you. I know that it scares us to not know what is going on. I will pray.

Also know that I am in Abilene and I would love to get to know your daughter. I wish I had known when she was staying with Mike and Diane because I live right across the street.

Please keep us informed about your results from your tests. Much love your way.

Brady said...

You have my prayers.

tonymyles said...

Thanks for rocking the kingdom world of some kids!