Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Already?!


August, 2006, driving my girl to Abilene, Texas to attend ACU, I remember crying . . . often. I remember saying things like, "isn't this exciting?! what an adventure you are on. God is certainly leading you somewhere...isn't this exciting?"

It's all I knew to say, because the future felt more uncertain than ever before. It's in those times you either crack, or buckle down and acknowledge your dependence on God, the Creator, the Almighty all knowing Father.

Today, daughter finished her "final finals" for her undergraduate study. She will Student Teach next semester, but no more classes will be taken!

Now, this doesn't mean she won't decide to tackle the "graduate" work...in fact, we're trying to slip this information gently, in little bits and pieces, to her Daddy, who really just wants her home!

However, from the first moment in the first class of her Freshman year at ACU, she has worked, studied, laughed, played, prayed, and loved her experience on full octane. My daughter really doesn't do much of anything "half-way", and in keeping with her usual nature, she tackled ACU with the same "gusto".

I'm having trouble believing she is so close to graduation, but my heart is full and overflowing with gratitude for such a gracious God who has kept her safe, secure, and successful in this important adventure.

So, my sweet daughter...congratulations! I'm not at all surprised that you not only did it, but you did it with such grace and Godly character.

The children who will have you as their teacher are blessed, indeed!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

That is wonderful news. You and Lex have raised amazing, Godly kids.

cwinwc said...

Kudos and blessings to a soon-to-be fellow teacher.