Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentines Day...the morning after.

What a sweet Valentine night I had. I spent it with my two favorite boys...my husband and my son.

I love occasions that cause you to stop and say how much someone means to you...and Valentines Day is one of those occasions.

I am fully aware I have very little "normal home" time left with my Avery, so last night, Lex and I cooked a wonderful dinner at home. I don't like going out on holidays like this because everything is overpriced, crowded, and short on relaxation!

Lex BBQ'd steaks and we had baked potatoes and green beans and beautiful bread. We sipped sparkling cider from wedding present champagne glasses, and a home made heart chocolate cake for dessert! The table had a fresh red table cloth and I wore my new (from Christmas) red apron.

We gave Avery what any truck owning 17 year old boy would want...gas gift cards! And my sweet husband came walking in with a beautiful "kitchen-y" basket from William Sonoma with fresh dish towels, kitchen tools, a Paula Deen DVD Set (I love that woman), and pixie sticks. Yes, you read that correctly. I adore pixie sticks.

The presents were fun. The dinner was fabulous. But the best part was the conversation. The laughter. The silliness. The "just-being-together".

I'm not waiting until a holiday to do it again. Every time you get to be together with your family should be viewed as a special occasion.

Blessings...

3 comments:

cwinwc said...

You and my wife, she loves Paula Deen as well. We're "only" 4 hours from Savannah, GA. so we're talking about trying to get to her place in the future. Why don't you and Lex fly in from the left coast and we'll make it a foursome.

Brady said...

Happy V day to you and the men in your life. I'll gladly accept some diesel cards.

Much love from over here…

Brady said...

You and Lex are in our prayers today.