Monday, December 11, 2006

Rehearsal went well...there are some little gliches we need to work out, however, I believe we are on target for a wonderful night this coming Sunday. YIKES!!

I've even managed to get some Christmas shopping done with presents wrapped and under the tree. I keep wondering what I've forgotten because things seem to be running rather smoothly.

I had one "key" alto tell me yesterday they had a family conflict with our Saturday morning rehearsal...that's the rehearsal where every single person is in place. It all comes together on that morning, except this year...this year we will be depending on the airlines, the weather, and general holiday travel to get that alto back and in her place on Sunday. No problem...

.....................................................................................................

Working on a very cool band we've named the "House Band" for a worship time at the ZOE conference in January. If you're able, come check out the conference the last weekend in January. (26th - 28th) It's wonderful to see people able to use their gifts and passion for their instrument in a worship element. I feel sorry, sometimes, for the folks who have such a love for their instrument but have a commitment to the Church of Christ. This isn't a debate for or against instrumental music...just simply an observation.

...................................................................................................

Had a wonderful chat with one of the sweetest people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. She's a rock here at College...somebody who has been here since the beginning. She encourages constantly, sees the best in people, continues to study and learn about Jesus Christ. She is over 70, and yet, continues to learn like a 5 year old. With passion and hunger for more. She's one who will say to me, "I don't tell you enough what a wonderful job you do." What a blessing to have people like that in your life. I was looking at her this morning as we were chatting and thinking I hope I can be as gracious and beautiful and Godly as she when I'm an older woman. Beautiful example.

Have a wonderful week, Bloggers. Try to catch the goodness of it all as this season becomes more hectic with each passing day.

3 comments:

cwinwc said...

I too have the same observation. Hits close to home with my son and his passion for guitar.

Good luck this coming Sunday evening.

Thurman8er said...

In my softball days, I enjoyed practice more than the actual games. I don't know if that will hold true for the musical, but I am really enjoying the rehearsals. It makes me want to learn how to sing so I can be part of it every year. I love that you guys are praising God even if you're just practicing.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Have a great night Sunday! I know it will be fantastical. ;)

Blog Archive