Monday, September 21, 2009

Outbursts

*effusion: an unrestrained expression of emotion
*a sudden intense happening; "an outburst of heavy rain"; "a burst of lightning"
*a sudden violent disturbance

The word "outburst" is typically associated with the last definition listed above..."a sudden violent disturbance".

Sometimes, as parents, we've experienced our toddlers having "outbursts" at inappropriate moments.

http://daycaredaze.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/tantrum.jpg

At times, a parent may have an "outburst" if patience has run thin.

And, let's be honest here, ever been to some type of church Committee Meeting?

Well, anyway, as I was reading recently, I ran across a scripture that stuck with me and I've posted on my wall beside my desk...just to remind me that some outbursts can be good!

Think of ways to encourage one another to outbursts of love and good deeds! Hebrews 10:24 (NLT)


May your outbursts be many!
Blessings!

1 comment:

Thurman8er said...

As you well know, I enjoy a good outburst.